Easy-peasy pizza sauce
Creating a beautiful pizza sauce is super simple and extremely quick. Plus, you can make batches to keep in the fridge or freezer to use whenever you need it. Go on give it a go!
What you'll need:
- 400g quality tinned tomatoes or passata
- 4 cloves of garlic
- A bunch of basil
- Olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan on a medium heat. Meanwhile, peel the garlic, finely slice it and then drop it into the pan.
- As the garlic starts to soften and turn golden, chop up the basil and add it to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, breaking up and large chunks with a spoon. Bring everything to the boil, and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and you can either leave the sauce thick and chunky, or pass it through a sieve for a smoother texture. Be sure to keep as much of the healthy goodness as you can.
- Taste, and then season to taste with salt and black pepper. You're good to go!
The sauce is good to spoon onto your pizza base right away. If you want to save it or have any spare you can keep it covered in the fridge for 1 week or put it in the freezer to have in the future.